27.4.12

NEEDLEWORK.

Tomorrow is a very special day, as I have four year weddingday together with my lovely husband Freddy, whom I met when travelling to Peru in 2007.

In a little antique shop in Miraflores I have bought a piece of fragment of a Nazca Needlework. The Nazca Culture lived between 100 to 800 CE.
I love the colors in the needlework. I do not know this technique, (to me it looks knitted, but I'm not sure). Because of the way the colors have been putted together I have made a little embroidery to honour the day I got married.
Two colors as one thread. Beautiful. My inspiration for the embroidery.
 
Two colors as one thread in the embroidery.
The little fragment from Nazca in it's full size.

2 comments:

  1. That's how I build up my embroideries, I always use two different threads. It gives such a beautiful effect. I love the embroidery you made!

    Congrats with your anniversary! Enjoy this lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! May your marriage continue to be a constant source of creative inspiration. Happy Anniversary, and many more.

    ReplyDelete